Glycerin is well known for its many uses for skin care. Glycerin on skin works as humectant, which is why it attracts moisture onto your skin. It has many other benefits for the skin and beauty care. It can stimulate our skin cells to rejuvenate them, and therefore is used in many skin care products, such as soaps, body lotions and moisturizers, body scrubs, face packs and face masks, as well as hair shampoos and conditioners.
Glycerin For Skin Care And Benefits
Glycerin, also called glycerol, can be used on all types of skin including oily skin. It is used to treat many oily skin conditions, like acne, skin infections, wrinkles and fine lines. And if you have dry skin on your face, you can apply glycerin topically onto your face to increase and lock in moisture on the skin to cure the dryness. It gives you moisturized and cleansed skin, without any side effects.
Glycerin suits most of the people and effects of the glycerin on skin are healthier. It provides more-natural looking appearance.
Is Glycerin Good For Your Skin?
Glycerin is safe for your skin. Include glycerin into your skin care regime, and say hello to glowing, healthy, soothed and supple skin. Read on for glycerin uses for skin.
Glycerin Uses And Benefits For Skin And Face
1. Moisturizing: Glycerin acts as a very effective moisturizer on the skin. It makes your skin absorbs water from air reducing the dry and dull patches on your skin. It’s therefore very useful in winters as well. Glycerin can be applied directly onto the skin as a moisturizer. Dab a cotton ball with glycerin and apply it onto your skin. Wow, you will feel your skin gets soft, supple and hydrated immediately on its application. It adds hydration and health to your skin. Glycerin is also known for its meditative properties that work to heal dry, rough and irritated skin.
2. Smoothing – Glycerin For Dry Skin: As the skin ages, it looks dull and gets susceptible to irritation, redness and many other conditions, such as dry skin due to losing its ability to retain moisture. With aging, your skin gets rough – but using glycerin regularly can make your skin smooth and prevent other problems associated with dryness. This also helps in smoothing your skin and face by filling in the microscopic cracks in the dry skin.
As you get older, your skin cannot retain moisture and this causes rough, dull skin that is prone to irritation and redness. Using glycerin regularly can prevent the problems associated with dryness.
3. Maintaining Water Balance – Glycerin As A Humectant: Humectants in glycerin attract water from air and help in retaining water in the skin. When glycerin or glycerol is applied to the skin, it minimizes water loss due to evaporation and maintains the skin’s water balance on an intercellular level– so keeps the skin well hydrated and nourished. Due to this reason, the glycerin in skin care products and lotions can cure, prevent and treat dry skin.
4. Glycerin Skin Protectant: Due to its dual ability, glycerin works on two fronts at the same time by hydrating your skin as well as filling the cracks in dryer skin – so it acts as protectant to protect your face by retaining the outer layer of the skin intact. This layer is critically needed to work as a natural barrier to save your skin from pollutants and skin disease causing bacteria.
5. Cleansing – Glycerin And Rose Water For Skin: Glycerin works as a cleanser to get rid of dirt and dust from the skin. Mix glycerin with rosewater to use it as a cleanser. Before sleeping at night, wipe your face thoroughly with the mixture. Apply this process regularly for real skin cleaning and skin pores cleansing.
6. Nourishing Your Skin: Because of its skin nourishing properties, glycerin is used in many beauty products. To nourish your skin, mix glycerin with your favorite moisturizer and use it every day. Its regular use will help to keep your skin healthy, soft and fresh.
7. Enhances Appearance Of Skin: Glycerin acts as an emollient that keeps your skin not only moist, but soft and supple to touch. It makes your skin looks healthier and attractive, devoid of the scaly looks and other characteristics of dry skin. Its therapeutic effects on wounds and other skin disease also lead your skin to look healthier and smoother.